Vehicle Location: Fenton, MO
Auction Type: Reserve
Engine: L35 396 CID Turbo-Jet big-block V-8
Transmission: Muncie close-ratio, four-speed manual
Exterior: LeMans Blue
Interior: Ivory & Black
1969 Chevrolet Camaro RS/SS 396 Convertible
• Full frame-off restoration performed in 2006, included with restoration photos, receipts and full notes
• Genuine Camaro L35 396 Super Sport
• Built in LA and sold new at Community Chevrolet in Burbank, California
• California and Arizona car for over 45 years
• Period correct L35 396 CID Turbo-Jet big-block V-8 325HP engine with 10.25:1 compression and four-barrel carburetor; it was one of only 4,608 Camaros built with this engine
• Rochester Quadrajet carburetor #7029202 B9 DH
• Muncie close-ratio, four-speed manual transmission (code M21) and 3.55 Positraction (code BT)
• Correct LeMans Blue exterior (code 71) with a white, power-folding top
• Correct Ivory and Black vinyl trim (code 727)
• Loaded with options such as power steering, power brakes, tachometer, sport steering wheel, custom seat belts, head rests, power top, soft ray glass, AM/FM, interior wood grain and rear bumper guards
• Rally Sport Equipment – concealed headlights; special grille; wheel opening moldings; bright exterior accents
• Camaro SS Equipment – 396 V-8; ZL2 special ducted hood; sport striping; power disc brakes; special chassis components
• Documentation includes two binders. One has investment information and various identification details while the other contains before and during photos of the car’s frame off restoration, various parts receipts, parts logs, how-to guides and more
In the heat of the ponycar race, Chevrolet gave its Camaro some added spice for what became an extended 1969 production year. This California Camaro is the perfect combination of options, ever so desirable LeMans Blue exterior, power top convertible, RS and the SS package with a L35 325HP 396 V8 matched with a close ratio Muncie M21 and many other options. This car has been in the Southwest for over 45 years and had a documented full frame off restoration in 2006.
This particular SS convertible was built in GM’s Van Nuys, California factory. It was then delivered to Community Chevrolet in Burbank, California and spent many decades in Kingman Arizona. Dressed in correct LeMans Blue (code 71), the paint and trim are in overall very good order and contrasts perfectly with the white stripes.
The car’s body is straight and solid, the engine bay is extremely tidy, the car’s chrome bumpers fit tightly to the body and the white, power-folding canvas top looks great.
Under the hood is a correct 325HP 396 CID V-8 Turbo-Jet, big-block engine (code L35) with a 10.25:1 compression ratio and a correct Rochester Quadrajet carburetor. This Camaro is only one of 4,608 examples made with this engine combination. Backing the motor is a Muncie close-ratio, four-speed manual transmission (code M21) and a Positraction rear end with 3.55:1 gearing.
The 1969 Camaro carried over the previous year’s drivetrain and major mechanical components, but all-new sheet metal, except the hood and trunk lid, gave the car a substantially sportier look. The grille was redesigned with a heavy “V” slant and deeply inset headlights. New door skins, rear quarter panels, and rear valance panel also gave the car a much lower, wider, more aggressive look. This styling would serve for the 1969 model year only. To increase competitiveness in the SCCA Trans-Am racing series, optional four-wheel disc brakes with four-piston calipers were made available during the year, under RPO JL8. This system used components from the Corvette and made for a major improvement in the braking capability and was a key to winning the Trans-Am championship. The option was expensive and only 206 units were produced.
The Rally Sport (RS) option, RPO Z22, includes a special black-painted grille with concealed headlights and headlight washers, fender striping (except when sport striping or Z28 Special Performance Package is specified), simulated rear fender louvers, front and rear wheel opening moldings, black body sills, RS emblems on grille, steering wheel and rear panel, Rally Sport front fender nameplates, bright accented taillights, back-up lights below rear bumper; also includes bright roof drip moldings on Sport Coupe. This option could be added to any other option (i.e., SS or Z/28), making the model a RS/SS or a RS/Z28.
Documentation includes two binders. One has investment information and various identification details while the other contains before and during photos of the car’s restoration, various parts receipts, parts logs, how-to guides and more.
EC: T1119JB Carb
# 7029202 B9 DH
This car is currently located at our facility in St. Louis, Missouri. Current mileage on the odometer shows 742 miles and that is mileage since restoration in 2006. According to documentation the car had 45,000 original miles at beginning of restoration, stated by the Arizona owner of 29 years. It is sold as is, where is, on a clean and clear, mileage exempt Missouri title.
Financing is available for all auction vehicles!More Info
Auction has expired
Product sold for buy now price: $90,900
|Bidder Name||Bidding Time||Bid||Auto|
|a**********s||11/18/2021 10:50 am EST||$80,000|
|a**********s||11/18/2021 10:50 am EST||$77,500|
|a**********s||11/17/2021 8:49 am EST||$76,000|
|m******o||11/17/2021 8:02 am EST||$75,500|
|a**********s||11/15/2021 1:08 pm EST||$75,000|
|v*****e||11/13/2021 1:36 pm EST||$72,500|
|a**********s||11/13/2021 1:34 pm EST||$72,000|
|v*****e||11/13/2021 1:33 pm EST||$71,500|
|a**********s||11/13/2021 1:32 pm EST||$70,000|
|n*****7||11/13/2021 9:50 am EST||$67,500|
|a**********s||11/12/2021 12:40 pm EST||$65,000|
|n*****7||11/12/2021 10:54 am EST||$62,500|
|a**********s||11/12/2021 9:45 am EST||$60,000|
|a**********s||11/11/2021 3:23 pm EST||$58,000|
|a**********s||11/11/2021 9:07 am EST||$55,000|
|a**********s||11/10/2021 10:42 am EST||$30,000|
|a**********s||11/10/2021 9:08 am EST||$10,000|
|Auction started||11/17/2021 3:18 pm EST|
Please log in again. The login page will open in a new tab. After logging in you can close it and return to this page.