"2009 SL63 AMG with AMG Performance Package
If you're reading this, you already know how special the SL63 AMG is. You've probably seen it when it was featured on Jay Leno's Garage https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRm82yJx4zc. I don't need to tell you how immense the power band is, or how your adrenaline spikes as you squeeze the throttle and unleash all five-hundred and eighteen horsepower from the 6.3L V8. The Edmunds.com Editor only put one thing in the ""Con's"" list: ""This car is too fast for it's own good!"" Clearly he wasn't a true AMG guy.
I'm sure you're well aware of the exceptional attention to detail that Mercedes' AMG team puts into this classy yet understated supercar. We've added a video, but if you haven't heard an AMG V8's exhaust note in person, you would be shocked at how much it sounds like a muscle car.
To my fellow AMG connoisseurs, you're in good company. This car was hand picked by the owner for him to drive personally, which is why no expense was spared tracking down the rare AMG Performance package, and every other package and option that was available. As with nearly all of his personal cars however, everything is for sale.
This car is a $150,000 car brand new. It only has 48k miles on the odometer, a clean title, and a sale price of less than a third of that window sticker. As Jay Leno mentions in the video linked above, these cars settle after the first few years of depreciation, and hold their value surprisingly well! You won't find a better value of performance, luxury, style, excitement, and price.
Features and Options
• 6.3L V8 producing 518hp, 465 ft lb torque
• Rare AMG Performance Package ($14,220) adds :
• Rear Limited Slip Differential (LSD)
• 15.4-inch Compound Ceramic Brakes
• AMG Package 19"" Wheels
• Increased 186mph top speed limiter
• AMG dual-clutch 7-speed gearbox
• Premium Package ($3050)
• Radar Front and Rear Parking Assistance ($1140 package)
• Adjustable performance settings from Comfort to Sport+
• Fully automatic hardtop convertible
• Multicontour massaging sport seats with multiple lumbar and bolster adjustments
• Active Bi-Xenon Headlamps
• Dual-zone automatic climate control (with sensors that detect sun position, roof and window position, humidity/dew point and the number of vehicle occupants)
• Power Trunk Closer
• Airscarf head restraints that blow warm air on occupants' necks for comfortable top-down cruising in cool weather
• Active Suspension System
• Navigation System
• Heated Rain-Sensing Wipers and Washer Nozzle
• Harmon Kardon Logic7 surround-sound stereo with six-CD/DVD changer, iPod integration, SD memory card reader and an in-car hard drive for digital music storage
• 19 Inch AMG Wheels
• AMG Exterior and Carbon Fiber Interior Trim
• Power Wind Deflector
• Keyless Entry with push-button start
Finished in original Iridium Silver with Ash AMG Premium Leather interior
|Exterior Color:||Paladium Silver|
|Transmission:||7 Speed Automatic|
What began as a used car store in the 1970’s soon blossomed into one of the premier classic car dealerships in the country with a showroom boasting more than 25,000 square feet. During that time, celebrities, professional athletes, movie stars and prominent businessmen were highlighting the Duffy’s satisfied customer list. That company, founded on solid Midwest values and work ethic, would become the model for what all future classic and specialty car dealerships would emulate. The “new” Duffy’s is now home to more than 60 vehicles in the same glorious showroom that brought them prominence from the 1980’s through the early 21st century. A full service automotive and detailing department meticulously tends to each vehicle ensuring a fun, sound investment opportunity for its owner.
Turn the clock to today a resurgence of that historic Duffy’s brand. Classic Enterprises that became a descendant business, realized the value of the original Duffy’s recognition and reputation. When the old name became available we jumped on it. The name, the logo and the commitment to excellence have now been resurrected and have replaced the Classic Enterprises moniker. In addition, two of the “old school” members of the original Duffy’s management team are leading the company transition along with a full sales and service staff.
While the definition of a “classic” vehicle may have changed over the years that same,” Old School” Duffy’s commitment to quality and customer satisfaction has not.